Thursday, April 15, 2010

Gabbing it up with a friend

So I was talking to my friend today and well I talk to her almost everyday  and we share stories. During this course of time I realize what a MEAN GirL  I was between the ages of 15-18. I was pretty vengeful. I didn't like anyone hurting me or attempting to put me down or my friends. I waited and got my revenge whether is was the next day or years later. If a girl didn't like you at that age its just jealousy. Whether you dress better, look better, developed better, or got the guy to like you better you were automatically hated. We called the girls snobs, fake, or attention whores. I played the victim and culprit at times.  Thank goodness I grew out of that. Can I still say some pretty caddy things from time to time..of course but I don't seek for revenge.  I just change my attitude towards the subject and I stop justifing my actions. I try to see all the good qualities they have instead of finding faults that just reflect my own.
So SORRY
to the girl I locked in the bathroom and turned off the light
to the girl who I pushed into the locker
to the teacher I called out with greasy hair
to the teacher whose classroom I helped flood
to the beehives whose air mattress we deflated
to the  Leader who was obnoxious enough to wet us in our beds with the super soaker who we then soaked down with water two years later while she was talking during spiritual hour and then wrapped her car so she coudn't get out. 
to the girls who I flirted with your boyfriends
to the boy who acted like a jerk and I put butter under your door handle &  oreo-d you car
to the boy who I made fun of your sweet letters..I just didn't like sappy
to the boys who I just called to get dinner or movies
to the city where we took all the blinking signs
to the neighbors who lawns we put the opposing candiate sign in their yards.
to the many who I pranked call before caller ID
to the group at EFY that I thought were such nerds and we made fun of.
to the Youth that danced funny at church dances that we made fun of.
Sorry that I wasn't a better example.
So would not want to repeat teenage years.

6 comments:

Kim said...

We all have regrets on things like that. I still think of the mean things I did, they haunt me. I agree that the reason why we did those things were because of jealousy, that was me in high school, but in Jr. high I did it to fit in, trying to find myself you know? I wouldn't want to repeat teenage years either.

Chelle said...

Is it bad that I'm laughing at the mean things you did? Maybe because I never had the guts to do those sort of things. Except prank phone calls, those don't take guts though because they're anonymous. Oh, and in Jr High I was the nerdy skinny girl who wasn't allowed to shave her legs or wear a bra & I've gotten over being teased...I'm sure everyone else did too.

Tait said...

The one I still laugh at is the camp leader we soaked. Because they didn't like our ward they put us at the farthest end of the camp site so we had to walk like a mile to eat. And they wanted us up at 7 for flag raising. Well we decided not to so we slept in and ate our own food. One morning, we were sleeping and got soaked with a super soaker, our beds and everything in our tents.NOt Coool. So two years later we plotted and that Leader was talking for spiritual hour, we filled up a big cooler with water and dumped it on top of her. It felt good...

David and Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David and Kelly said...

I think you forgot the one where you blamed the innocent girl for the blood on the bathroom floor(I wasn't on my period!) instead of blaming her brother...What was he doing with the hamster in the bathroom anyways?! Ha ha! It was good seeing you this weekend! I don't need an apology for that...it's too funny!

Tait said...

To Kelly- what teenage boy did't play tunnel through my shorts with his hamster...I love how Brandon thought it would be a good idea to tell alma. How could I resist not telling. Too funny. Love Bran.