Friday, February 5, 2010

word vomit..

I went looking back at some old high school year books and one comment was written about me over and over.  Alma, I Love how you just don't care what other people think, you are never afraid to be you.
For the past 10 years I have been quite selective on some things I say..but this year I started a new challenge for myself and that is not to hold anything in...I have at least 10lbs of stress on me from that.
I first want to say I don't have a lazy husband. He works extremely hard, he fufills his church duties, serves at the temple and makes time for the kids. I know that he has a great work ethic. He doesn't rush through clients just to get numbers in...he gives each client his undivided attention and it shows in his work. Quality Over quantity. He truly cares  about those he works for and those who he works with. 
 I know he stresses to keep everyone happy. He works to provide for us and to give his children a better opportunity..He sacrafices to have Dorian in a great school district.  He serves the Lord in every possible way. He serves at the temple not for "the self righteous badge"  but becasue he truly loves his Heavenly FAther and Savoir. He Visits others not just to have a check mark by his name each month. He visits because he knows and understands he is his brother's keeper.  He will rush out at anytime to help anyone. With that I am thankful that he accquired the manual skills needed to help others. Working with his hands has never been beneath him and I am thankful that he is always willing to try and learn a new trade.  
I don't think a man can valued by what he makes. I believe its what he does with what he has. His time, talents and abilities. I get super defensive when someone thinks less of him because of what he makes, or where he lives or their idea of successful. WE always have what we need and he is able to use anything left over for others. That is successful to me.
Over worked and underappreciated is a common feeling we Experience in our lives. I hope we don't let those who work many hours for us and strive to provide us with so much go unappreciated because of our pride and feeling of entitlement.
I love you Ryan and I appreciate all you do.

6 comments:

Amie Orton said...

Amen. that was awesome Alma. Ryan is such a good guy. You both can be accused of having pure intentions. meaning your not going to do anything just "for show." So appreciate that you two.

Amie

Jensen said...

So Sweet!! I think he will like that one a lot better than the last one you posted about him:) You guys are great!!

Rebecca Jo said...

This is why I am so happy that he is there to influence Shane through his example. You got a good one!

Kim said...

what a sweet post. I agree, Ryan is a wonderful guy. I think its nice to let our spouses know how much we love and appreciate them. I know that I don't do it nearly enough, something I need to work on for sure. Thanks for the example.

Zana said...

that was the most loving valentine card & he deserves every word.

He is too generous with his time, especially on those precious Saturdays when pesky neighbors come calling. I try to remind him that he can say NO but instead he saved our marriage & us breaking 2 bathroom vanities! I know it's shocking that I have no upper body strength :)

His trip was so fitting...all about the FUN.

Sundbergs said...

What a sweet post. We love Ry too.