Sunday, January 24, 2010

Ready! Set! Go!

And the award goes to DORIAN TAIT!
Dorian got 3rd place at the Pine Wood Durby Race for Scouts.
Although it is designed for the father to do most of it; it still was his race to win.
For Dorian's first race it was pretty impressive.
Of course it was an autobot car, the soldier one as Dorian would call it.
It was army green with camo on the sides and orange wheels.
Dorian got a medal and a certificate.
Ry did get teased about it being his car but we all know all the other dad's built their son's car
I just can't help it if my husband did a better job..Hey it was his first year and
we are still learning. I say the fathers should get a car and then the kids make their own car and race against each other. Either way the boys weren't competitve, they just sat, ate ice cream and cheered eachother on.
Thanks, to Bryson Stucki for sharing ideas and tools(Sorry we beat you)
Thanks to Mitch and All theScout Leaders for their time and energy in putting this together.
Thanks to Ryan for supporting Dorian in his Scouts and being a great father.

4 comments:

Zana said...

I just loved how Dorian was explaining his friday night activity to my girls while they were eating a snack...his mouth was full of crackers so he just used his hands to describe his car, I was pretty impressed with my interpretation skills :)

he was too cute.

Kim said...

way to go Dorian!!! I used to loved going to those when my brothers had them.
Sounds like him and Ryan had a great time doing it together.

Unknown said...

Good Job Dorian your the MAN
love you

uncle TY

Jensen said...

Oh yeah, the other dads helped a little . . . Ryan did a great job on beating the other kids:)) All I can say is all the kids had a blast and they all did great and now it is over and we don't have to do it next year!!