Monday, January 18, 2010

Sunbeams....awhh the memory

This year my calling in church is to teach the Sunbeams which are ages 3 turning 4. With a new class comes new personalities and new challenges. Each little one brings something new to the table. But before I journey forward I want to take time to reflect on last year.
Anna, Chase,Darcy, Ella,Emily, Lydia,Mason, Matthew,Tommy and Zoe

Teacher: What is something Heavenly Father gives us?
Class: Family, House, brother, food, toy
...I know(hand raises) He gave me a penis.
What is a penis?(another child asked)  Its right here(points to pants)

Teacher: This person's dad is an attorney and he is in charge of lots of people. I wonder who it could be?
Kids look confused.
Teacher: Its your daddy(Telling that child)
Child: My daddy works?

Teacher: Okay we have the Bible...Book of Mormon, Doctrine & Covenants and the
Pearl of Great......(waiting for response)
Child: Great Grandmother

Quotes  & Funny moments by the sunbeams:
Okay everybody ShUT UP!
I don't want to be sold.(lesson about Joseph)
I am cute and really smart.
My mom and dad have special time.
I am not wearing underwear.
I pooped today.
Kid getting their head stuck in the chair.


One tops everything. It is when I taught the Sunbeams in  CA.
While waiting for the bishop to set apart his mom, the little boy had to pee, so I told his mom I would take him so she could go right in.
 We go into the bathroom and he comes out crying. What's wrong I ask, tears all down his face...I peed on my...
What? I peed on my face. HOw did you pee on your face hunny?(so they were not tears on his face) I was trying to get my pants down and I could not get my pants down fast enough.
Well he tried to pee and is thing was up caught in his pants so when he peed it shot straight up..
I couldn't stop laughing.

7 comments:

Chelle said...

Oh. My. Gosh!!!! That's hilarous...especialy the peeing on his face part! Kids are so cute!!

Kim said...

Lol Lol...that is hilarious.

Amie Orton said...

devin and i are laughing sooo hard. I wish I would have written down all the crazy things they said last year when i taught sunbeams. really.

thank you for that. always love a good laugh.

amie

Jensen said...

Really, I am sure it was NOT Mason who said about the penis thing. . . it better not have. Who talked about Mom and Dad special time??? FUNNY!

Sundbergs said...

Sounds like a funny class. I am sure that it will be another interesting year.

The Wehrmeister's said...

stop making me laugh, I just had a c-section.

Tammy said...

oh man...that is some funny stuff! love it. Kids say the darndest things!!