Monday, August 9, 2010

Lean on Me

I really don't like seeing my husband so stressed out. He is the optimistic one, the outgoing one, the let's get out of the house and doing something one, but lately he has been so overwhelmed with questions of what should be the next step. I can't imagine that kind of stress as the provider and head of the household.Knowing that you are trying to do all that you can and it still isn't enough for others.  I know change is scary but it is often change that provides us with better opportunities and more blessings.
I know moving to Missouri and living in Chesterfield was the change we needed. This Change  opened the door to many opportunities and has provided a fulfilling and blessed life.  I am very grateful for the jobs, callings and friendships that my family has gained here and I hope things don't have to change, but I kind of feel they will.
I can only trust in the Lord and know what ever comes our way it will make us stronger.
Change is inevitable, sometimes it can be controlled, but most of the time it creeps up on our blind spot jumping into our lane causing us to loSe control for a bit.
But we always have our choice when that change comes ...we can close our eyes and panic swerving left to right,  or we can open our eyes, stay calm move over and let the Lord in the driver's seat.
So to my husband I leave you with these words to the Song Lean on Me
Sometimes in our lives we all have pain,We all have sorrow
But if we are wise,We know that there's always tomorrow
Lean on me, when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend

I'll help you carry on

For it won't be long

'Til I'm gonna need

Somebody to lean on

Please swallow your pride,If I have things you need to borrow

For no one can fill those of your needs,That you don't let show

If there is a load you have to bear,That you can't carry

I'm right up the road,I'll share your load

If you just call me

So just call on me brother, when you need a hand

We all need somebody to lean on

I just might have a problem that you'd understand

We all need somebody to lean on

Love you

5 comments:

Zana said...

I love the line that we have a choice when change occurs & yes, it's much easier to let go & let the Lord steer b/c then you don't dwell on your doubts.

I should have sent those lyrics in an email to you b/c you were just up the road & were called on many times :) So your feeling the winds of change are in your future?? If you think it's big change then move to Reno- you'll love it...I swear it's nothing like the show RENO 911 (he he)

The pressure of being the provider of a family would kill me off & somehow they manage to stay alive. It would be much harder to see Mr Positive overwhelmed with worry b/c I've never seen that look on Ryan...he'll be in our prayers.

Tait said...

My street feels so empty. I miss seeing your car still at the house on the way to church. I would say see the bowens haven't left yet. Selfish I know. Its funny how an empty house can make memories become so vivid. I thought of hide and go seek with the girls and their faces when i jumped out at them. 4 girls, arms by their mouths, eyes open screaming. Love them.
I don't know where wind will blow us. Not sure if this is just a little breeze or if a storm is coming but I can smell the rain.
Or maybe I am just worrying too much. I am the pessimistic one. I think of the worst possible scenario and brace myself.\

As for Reno, maybe all the girls can come up for a visit. I'll rent cop uniforms and we can terrorize the neighborhood..get out the video camera .

And thanks for the prayers.

Cherie said...

That is the Lord's plan. You lean on the Lord and you lean on one another and you can get through any trial. We are blessed with so much when we have the gospel in our lives. We have the knowledge that we need to overcome all things. I love you

Zana said...

by the way...whenever your car drove by our house on Sunday mornings someone would announce it & there'd be a mad scramble to get out of the house ;) you were basically our alarm clock.

Rebecca Jo said...

I will be supportive if the winds of change take you away but inside I will be throwing a very childish
terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day type tantrum.