Monday, August 23, 2010

Around the Horn

There is a show on ESPN called Around the Horn. It is here a topic is thrown out to a panel of 4 sport journalists. They go round and round until points are racked up for the Final Showdown.  Another show, PTI is the same way. Two sports host go at it, expressing their opinions- agree or disagree ...They can still have ways of looking at a situation but respect each other enough to listen and see the other side(well sometimes). I love these shows. I love the idea of what Reali would call a SHOWDOWN, throwing out an idea, saying what you feel and having others come back and respond. I might not agree with what you are saying but I like to listen and respect the opinion of others. When I blog or post here or on FB I take ideas from conversations or news articles and let my mind run wild. Sometimes people are so afraid to say what they believe or feel that they would rather sit back and stay out of it.  I recently wrote a post about Trail periods(living together before marriage). I got a few responds and one where we went back and forth. Each ding of a new message sent my blood racing. I felt like Rocky and Apollo..ding ding. Smile and punch. I don't go into with hate, but it does have me step back and really ask myself what is it I believe?  I turn to the scriptures and prophets to help me find my words. This helps me build my testimony and I am grateful for those opportunities.
Some are just FACE TIME, personal vents that just help me realize all that I have been blessed with when times get hard.
I appreciate the challenges in life for they have only made me   stronger. Now when that bell dings I always know I have him my corner. I may get hit a few times, stumble and even fall to the floor, but he is always there waiting for me, telling me its going to be okay.
Since there isn't a camera here I can't throw my cards at the camera...
So as Kornheiser  would say Good Night St. Louis.

4 comments:

Tait said...

it's "goodnight Canada" (Ryan)

Tait said...

I know that ding dong, I changed cause its my show and I live in st. louis. You don't get anything do you.

Zana said...

You guys should have lived together before you got married, then you would have known a lot sooner that he just doesn't get it :)

Tait said...

Love it Zana