Monday, December 14, 2009

Yes I am on one

Two family income:
I was raised that a man provides and supports his family and if a woman wants to works its extra money. She can spend it on whatever she want.
Obviously there are times a family needs help so having that extra income is nice. So do you consider it "our money" and if so when one of you buys something lets say a gift for the other  is it considered from the both of you? Or do you pick and choose what you bought and paid for.
Well here is my gripe. Every year Ry finds it so hard to buy me a gift because I am picky that we have decided not to get gifts. I am an awesome gift giver by the way.
Anyhow, so this year I thought it would be fun to buy stocking stuffers for eachother.Something simple.  Again Ry has found it difficult. I have even told friends that i know he would ask some ideas. Mostly I just care about the thought process in it. So he is complaining about it and my friend gives him an idea and he says I Bought her a laptop anyways thats her gift.
So now we are back to the begining. I have been working a lot this year and everytime I make money I have put it towards paying debt and savings. I put it towards the basement project as well as the Fun Fund for next year.  If I don't work then I get griped out for not contributing and it I do work I don't get appreciated or recognized for contributing.  Okay so back to the computer. I sat in line at 1:30am to get the computer and used the funds that I contributed to pay for this.
So did he buy me the computer of did I or did we both by it and can Ry count that as his gift to me?
So then Ryan's ski trip in January is his gift. since I put funds in for that. Merry Christmas.
And another thing when I "vacation" to California I make money when Ry "vacations" he spends money.

5 comments:

Tammy said...

men...is all I can say. The laptop does NOT count! If he didn't GO AND GET IT it doesn't count. And the thought process has to be there! Come on now! :) You can do it Ryan, you can!

Chelle said...

He can't count it if he didn't physically buy it. We pool our money in one account, so it doesn't matter who earns it, but who BUYS it is what makes the difference. Sometimes I'll buy myself somthing & let Kevin know what he got me, but that's being generous. For the record we're not doing gifts for each other this year. I just bought Kevin some beef jerky, which is really nice of me, because he'll stink me out all Christmas afternoon & night.

Jensen said...

Have fun in California and oh by the way work HARD:)

Amie Orton said...

haha, you are funny. I've already decided in my head before reading this two types of husbands, they are either really really good. Or just don't get it. Ryan and Devinfall into the same category i think. I finally told him this christmas.. that if you don't put a lot of thought and effort, I don't feel loved. Sounds selflish and greedy, but I've learned it's my "language of love." and I think it got through. We'll see come my birthday if he took the hint.. well blatant demand for him to start buying me presents!

Amie Orton said...

okay so i just re read my comment. I have the worst grammar ever EVER. And my space key gets stuck, so don't judge.