Saturday, December 26, 2009

HOme for the HOlidays Part 2


So on Christmas Eve I read another story from a book that we received from our friend Laurie LeDuc called God Bless Your Way. We actually had read this book a few years ago for YW. THey gave the girls blankets and a loaf of bread.  I read the story about Micah a man who had followed behind Mary and Joseph and along his way he was given a blanket and loaf of bread of which he used to give to them. Anyhow after the story I played the CD from the book and gave them their Christmas Blankets. After that we watched a video on the nativity and closed with a prayer. Dorian went right to bed and Cali stayed up till 11:30. Next morning we got up and finished working on the playroom for the kids and then we opened our stockings.
After all the wonderful toys and surprises the best one was yet to come.
 Dorian went with Ry a few weeks ago to give a family food for Christmas. Ry gave him the choice to get this toy or give someone else Christmas. Dorian choose to give someone else Christmas. Ryan's heart melted and decided to get him the toy anyway. So Christmas morning after he opened everything I asked him to get the bag by the fireplace to put the trash in. Under the bag wrapped in a sheet was the STIcK TOGEther TRANSFORMER. He said hey guys there is one more. Oh its the stick together transformer. Guys look. Oh my gosh. Oh open it. He was so excited. Then he went downstairs where we showed them the kitchen I made for Cali and the couch we made for Dorian.
Having my parents here and spending Christmas at home was so special. I loved making new and having old traditions.

4 comments:

Cherie said...

Those will be some special memories you will always treasure. That is so sweet that Dorian chose to give someone else Christmas. You didn't tell me that part of it. That is just like him, he has such a special spirit. Merry Christmas

Kim said...

I want to see more pictures of the play room. Sounds like you guys had a wonderful Chirstmas. Its fun to start having those traditions with your little family, I'm glad your doing it.

Sundbergs said...

Those are grwat pictures looks like the kids had a blast. I am glad you had such a nice CHristmas. can't wait to see you guys

Zana said...

I love love the chef hats! I'll need to be more prepared for next year(the girls would feel so pro)

Cali has officially graduated to being a little girl now that she has her own kitchen...it's too fun to organize fake food. And when I grow up I want to be selfless like Dorian.