Monday, February 13, 2012

A new Do

When there is a big change in my life such as a new job, break up or new relationship, weight loss or birthing of a child I have cut, color or changed my hair. I think this is a way of reinventing myself.   As a new change as has been made in my life I wonder what will my new do look like. Purple highlights, pink highlights or an erray of colors streaked through my hair. Definitely something bright and cheerful. for I am not going to mourn the loss of motherhood but embrace the opportunity I had and will always have to be a part in a childs life. I have two beautiful children, many nieces and nephews, tons of friends and their children and years of callings where I will be able to serve the Lord's children. When I was feeling down and had thoughts of dissappointment I was reminded of the Atonement and how my Savior understands every ounce of pain and loss I feel. He understands my emotion and suffered so I don't have to punish myself or place blame.  I know my Heavenly FAther is aware of my needs. I know he hears my prayers and does not forget me. I have felt so much of his love through the compassion and service of my family and friends these few weeks. I am reminded daily how much I am loved. My  Challenges and experiences have only strengthened my testimony, humbled my heart and made me so thankful for the gospel.If I  just stop and look around for a second I realize he has given me all that I  need to be happy. I don't need a million dollar home with empty rooms.I need a modest home filled with joy and laughter.  I don't need a hefty job title and income to define our success. I just need a weekly allowance to Target and a husband who will provide for his family with an honest heart and with  good work ethics. I don't need somebody else's image of a perfect body. I just need to be healthy and remind myself- I am  not as good as I once was but I was good once as I ever was.And that was pretty dang cute.  I don't need to be in a high calling. I just need to do my calling and give all that I am asked. I don't need to be a super mom but I want my kids to think I am super cool. I don't need a black amex card to flash around. I do need to have a valid temple recommend and be worthy to enter the Temple. I don't need to keep writing ..I am just going to go and live and enjoy everything i have. Love you family and friends.

7 comments:

3in3mom said...

WOW! You have totally inspired me! thanks for sharing this powerful testimony Alma! Hugs for this new change.

C

Sundbergs said...

I am crying now thanks. The Lord does know and love you. So do we! Your attitude is incredible. xoxo

Rebecca Jo said...

I love the sincerity of your words and when I read them I can feel the purity of your heart. I love those times of clarity when I feel like I can conquer anything. So glad to be fighting alongside a kindred spirit...and eh hem..one hot mama!

Taits said...

Thanks so much Alma for sharing that beautiful testimony. The Lord gives us trials so we can learn and grow and that is what it is all about. You have been blessed with so much and you have blessed the lives of others. I am thankful for you. You are a very talented woman and I know you can accomplish whatever you set your mind to do. I love you.

Kim said...

Wow Alma, you have a way with words. You are such an inspiration to me and I look up to you. You are so strong and talented. Thank you for you advise with everything and with Clay. Thank you so much for sharing those wonderful words.I know I don't say if a lot but please know that I love you.

Zana said...

If I were black and sitting in a Baptist type of congregation I would have jumped up at least 5 times to shout AMEN SISTER! (especially after "and that was pretty dang cute" :)

You inspire me to appreciate daily life more, thank you. Although a million dollar home with EmptY rooms could be nice b/c at least they would stay clean. love you.

Amie Orton said...

yah that was pretty great Alma. I just enjoyed Zana's comment almost just as much. Wish I could see your new doo. I think pink or purple stripe might look pretty sweet on ya and I don't really think that about anyone. I'm sorry what your going and have gone through, life just totally sucks sometimes. But I guess just parts of life, there are always great small things. Lately I've had to reeaaly try so hard to just focus on those and let all the bad become blurry. Your words were so so helpful to me. I have the hardest time, trying to achieve our dreams and "shoot for the stars " but still be content in what we have. It's a hard balance for me. But your post just totally calmed me down. You're an amazing chicca. And we love Ryan too! Miss you guys.

Amie